Senior Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer
Responsible for leading the Sales, Marketing, and Procurement functions for Hemlock Semiconductor. Development, execution and accountability for procurement, sales plans, new business development, key customer relationships and product offerings.
Experience and Expertise
Phil joined Dow Corning in 1987 as a process design engineer. During his more than 25-year career at Dow Corning, Phil has served in many commercial, product line, and engineering management roles in the U.S., China and Korea. In 2003, he became the Semiconductor Device Fabrication major market leader where he helped establish Dow Corning as the silicon chemistry leader in the Semiconductor materials space. In 2007, he took a role in China as the Advanced Technologies and Ventures Business Greater China director, where he worked with the local team to improve Dow Corning’s Electronics’ market position in China. Next, he became the Dow Corning Electronics Product Line and Supply Chain manager. In this role, Phil managed strategic supply and process technology planning, capital management, Product Line health, sustainability and risk management. In August 2012, Phil joined Hemlock Semiconductor as the Polysilicon Intermediates Product Line manager. In April 2013, he was named the Commercial and Product Line director for Hemlock Semiconductor, assuming additional responsibilities for the Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, and Technical Service functions. In 2016 he was appointed as Chief Commercial Officer of Hemlock Semiconductor.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering from Michigan Technological University.
- Master’s degree in business administration from the University of Michigan -Flint
- Board Member of regional economic development organization, Saginaw Future.
- Active volunteer and contributor to the United Way of Midland County and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- Past member of the American Chamber of Commerce China and American Chamber of Commerce Korea.